‘A massive Dominican priory complex built in 1239 with a church, and east and south cloister range and a study dormer’ (Department of the Environment description).
In the last ten years restoration work has been carried out, and a dungeon uncovered containing the remains of a young child. This discovery is often linked to sighting of a ghost monk. The monk is seen warring a black habit, and walking amongst the ruins. Staff members on the sight, have reported doors `mysteriously locking themselves`, and several have seen the ghostly monk near the site of the dungeon.