A Ghostly woman in white haunts the Old Manor house of Stowheath.
The Old Manor House of Stowheath, which is now known as The old Greyhound and Punch Inn
This ancient half timbered structure was at one time the Manor House of Stowheath . This structure is without doubt the oldest house now standing in the Town of Bilston.
The building, erected around 1450, was originally designed as a manor house by John de Mollesley. In 1820, the building became a public house and changed its mane to the Greyhound and Punchbowl Inn. In 1936 it was bought by the brewery William Butler & Company and restored by J. A. Swan.
Prior to becoming a public house, the staircase of the manor house was haunted by a woman in a white gown. The woman may still remain, and now in addition a baby has been heard crying and mild poltergeist activity reported.
The Manor House is a very fine specimen of the Tudor period with its many Cables with its oak timbers picked out in black and white. The house has oaken floors and staircases, with its low ceilings queerly shaped rooms .With its many recesses oddly placed and its florrs of different levels. Only one wing of the is grand old house now remains At one time it had an old bibble square and a very curious rare antique Oriel window looked down upon it.